Afrobeats artist Asake had a record-breaking weekend on Apple Music with the release of his debut album, Mr. Money With The Vibe. Upon its release, the album broke the record for the biggest opening day for an African album in Apple Music history.
- Additionally, Mr. Money With the Vibe also broke the record for the biggest opening three days for an African album in Apple Music history.
- Upon the album’s release, Asake launched nine songs to the Global Daily Top 100.
- The album has reached Number One on the Top Albums Chart in 31 countries worldwide, including Nigeria, the U.K. and Ireland.
- Songs off of Mr. Money With the Vibe reached the Daily Top 100 in 60 countries worldwide, including 26 where they reached the top 10.
- Songs off of Mr. Money With the Vibe reached Number One in 14 countries worldwide.
Mr. Money With The Vibe sees Asake lean into the larger-than-life persona that songs like “Sungba” and “PALAZZO” established. He details his new realities with swagger—contemplating romance, life, and his position in the game over beats delicately crafted by close creative ally Magicsticks. His flair for experimenting within the amapiano framework continues here as he loops the call-and-response pattern of classic Afrobeat over the log drums, sax, and piano on “Organise.”
Stream Mr. Money With The Vibe on Apple Music HERE.