It is one of the United Kingdom’s most prestigious literary prizes, and awarded annually to a female author of any nationality for the best original full-length novel written in English and published in the United Kingdom in the preceding year.
The shortlist of six books determined by a judging panel will be announced on April 28, 2021. The winner of the 25th edition of the Women’s Prize for Fiction will be revealed on July 7, 2021.
Find full list below.
- Because of You by Dawn French
- Burnt Sugar by Avni Doshi
- Consent by Annabel Lyon
- Detransition, Baby by Torrey Peters
- Exciting Times by Naoise Dolan
- How the One-Armed Sister Sweeps Her House by Cherie Jones
- Luster by Raven Leilani
- No One is Talking About This by Patricia Lockwood
- Nothing But Blue Sky by Kathleen MacMahon
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
- Small Pleasures by Clare Chambers
- Summer by Ali Smith
- The Golden Rule by Amanda Craig
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
- Unsettled Ground by Claire Fuller