I was watching Being Mary Jane with my mom and there was this recipe “Mofongo” that was mentioned in the American series that has lead Actress Gabrielle Monique Union starring as Mary Jane Paul, a successful Tv Anchor. Mary Jane’s producer Kara was having the meal “Mofongo”, being curious i checked to see what “Mofongo” was.
It is a Puerto Rican dish with fried plantains as its main ingredient. Plantains are picked green and fried then mashed with salt, garlic and oil in a wooden pilón, a kitchen device also known as mortar and pestle, Now I want to share the recipe with you.
- 4 green plantains.
- 2 cups canola or olive oil.
- Kosher salt to taste.
- 6 garlic cloves.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 pound crisp fried pork rinds, also known as chicharrón.
- 1 slice of bacon, cooked.
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock.